- The Third Regional Project Steering Committee
Meeting of the FAnGR Asia project was held in Kandy, Sri Lanka from the
19-24th September, 2011 .National Project Director Prof. Dr. Muhammad
Sajjad Khan represented Pakistan
- In-depth survey for blood sampling started on
13th July,2011. at site II Faisalabad and completed on August,3 ,
2011. And at Site I Bahawalpur it started on August 6 and ended on 16th
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Sajjad Khan (NPD) visited
Bangladesh from 24-30 June,2011 to discuss about in-depth
survey (Blood Sampling and monitoring) and other project experiences
with the NPD, Bangladesh.
- Before the start of in-depth Survey (Blood
Sampling and Monitoring), a training workshop was held during 25-27
May,2011..Prof. Dr. Muhammad Sajjad Khan (NPD) and Mr. Rawlynce Bett from
ILRI trained about 25 students for this purpose.
- National Policy Workshop was held on 13-14
May,2011.Prof. Dr. Muhammad Sajjad Khan (NPD) chaired the workshop.
- Data Entry of Household and Market agent
completed in the May,2011.
- 1st meeting of the National Steering
Committee was held on 20th April,2011. at the University of Agriculture,
- PRA and Household survey teams visited site I
Bahawalpur on March 8,2011.
- PRA Group Visited site I Bahawalpur on 1-4
- PRA Group visited site II Faisalabad on 26-28
- Household survey team visited site II Faisalabad
from February,22,24,25,27,28 to 1st March,2011
- An International workshop on Development and
Application of Decision Support Tool to conserve and sustainably use
genetic diversity in indigenous livestock and their wild relatives
held at University of Agriculture, Faisalabad on 14-18 February
- An introductory seminar was held on 24th
January,2011. People participated with keen interest and it helped
highlight the project.
- Agreement between University of Agriculture and
ILRI was signed on 20th January,2011.
YOU ARE VISITOR NO